iSENSE Opti - Real-time network monitoring
iSENSE Opti enables real-time detection of changing conditions in the underground district energy networks, so that network can be controlled optimally based on accurate, measured data. This measured data also helps in detecting areas with exceptionally high heat loss, as well as areas which are cooled down due to unfavorable flow direction. The measured values are the network pressure, network temperature and vibration.
iSENSE Opti sensor package:
Pressure measurement before and after the valve closing element
- measuring range: 0–35 bar
- accuracy ±0,25% FSS (of the whole measured area)
- ambient temperature range: -40 to +125 °C
- measuring range: -40 to +150 °C
- accuracy: ±1–2% (25 °C)
- ambient temperature range: -40 to +150 °C
Vibration (external or internal forces applied to the pipe)
- measuring range: ± 8 g
- ambient temperature range: -40 to +80 °C
iSENSE Smart Unit
- one common equipment to collect and transfer all the measured data
- sends information to iSENSE Online cloud service every 15 minutes
- data transfer method: LoRaWAN network
- durable and easy attachment to the wall of the chamber
- designed for demanding underground conditions
- separate comb for collecting extra cable
- includes wireless LoRaWAN transmitter
- ambient temperature range: -40 to +85 °C
- power supply options: iSENSE Power thermoelectric generator,
alkaline batteries 12 pcs C 1.5V or AC power (230VAC)
- IP rating: IP68
- device dimensions: 210 x 200 x 95 mm (W x H x D)
The iSENSE Chamber module is possible to connect to the same Smart Unit with iSENSE Opti.
iSENSE smart monitoring product family uses the LoRaWAN data transmission network for data transfer. For those areas where there is no existing LoRaWAN network coverage, the network can be built regionally by the base station.
Benefits of LoRaWAN communication network for use in district energy networks:
- energy efficient
- good underground penetration
- possibility of two-way communication
- easy deployment in LoRaWAN coverage areas
Real-time monitoring of iSENSE monitoring solutions is done through the iSENSE Online cloud service. Cloud service is available from all devices, anytime, anywhere, with SSL-protected login.
iSENSE product family is a turn-key monitoring service. Installation of the components, commissioning of the system and training is done by Vexve experts.
Installation and deployment
- We take care of system installation in new construction and retrofit applications.
- The system is real-time, remote, reliable and accurate. We take care of the correctness of the readings and the transfer of data to the cloud service.
Service and maintenance
- We maintain a user-friendly interface and help with the interface solutions related to your system.
- Our service organization ensures that the system is always up-to-date and in working order and that the components are of the latest technology.
Accessories: iSENSE Power – thermoelectric generator
- Energy is produced locally using the temperature difference between the district heating supply pipe and chamber ambient (required temperature difference min. 25 °C).
- Only one generator is enough to produce energy for both, supply and return line metering.
- If the required temperature difference is not reached (eg. seasonal variation), the equipment will temporarily use batteries.